Video marketing is becoming an increasingly important tool for higher education institutions looking to engage with potential students. The use of video allows institutions to showcase their campus, programs, faculty, and student life dynamically and engagingly in that written content cannot match. In this post, we’ll explore the growing trend of using video marketing in higher education and provide ideas and best practices for institutions looking to incorporate video into their marketing strategies.
- Showcase campus and student life: One of the best ways to use video marketing in higher education is to showcase your campus and student life. Create a virtual tour of your campus, highlighting key buildings and facilities, and showcase the student experience through student-led tours or short videos of student life on campus.
- Highlight programs and faculty: A video is a great tool for promoting specific programs and highlighting your faculty’s expertise. Create videos that overview different programs and feature faculty members discussing their research or teaching methods. These videos can be used in recruitment efforts and to give potential students a better understanding of the academic offerings at your institution.
- Tell your institution’s story: Video is a powerful medium for telling stories, and higher education institutions have many stories to tell. Use video to share the history of your institution, its mission and values, and the impact it has on students and the community.
- Use video to answer frequently asked questions: Many potential students have similar questions about the application process, financial aid, or student life. Use video to answer these frequently asked questions in a format that is easily consumable and shareable.
- Host virtual events: With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many higher education institutions have shifted their recruitment and admissions events to virtual formats. Consider hosting virtual events like webinars, Q&A sessions, and virtual campus tours on social media platforms to connect with potential students in a way that’s safe and accessible.
- Use video on social media platforms: Share your videos on social media platforms, like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, to increase visibility and reach a wider audience. Use captions and subtitles and optimize for mobile devices for better engagement.
- Measure your video marketing efforts: As with any marketing strategy, it’s important to measure the success of your video marketing efforts. Track the number of views, engagement, and conversions, and use this data to improve your future video marketing campaigns.
In conclusion, video marketing is becoming an increasingly important tool for higher education institutions looking to engage with potential students. By showcasing campus and student life, highlighting programs and faculty, telling the institution’s story, using video to answer frequently asked questions, hosting virtual events, using video on social media platforms, and measuring efforts, higher education institutions can effectively use video marketing to reach out to prospective students and increase the chances of them applying.